A/C Too Hot

93 Buick Regal. Freon 12. Low pressure side reads 30 psi. Unit cools to 48 F. After stopping and restarting the engine the air comes out 80 F. What should I check next. I think it might be a high or low
pressure switch. If this might be the problem where are they located and how do I test them? Thanks. Bill
you need the expertise of a certified AC mechanic.
: 93 Buick Regal. Freon 12. Low pressure side reads 30 psi. : Unit cools to 48 F. After stopping and restarting the engine the air comes : out 80 F. What should I check next. I think it might be a high or low : pressure switch. If this might be the problem where are they located and how : do I test them? Thanks. Bill : : : --- : Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. : Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com ). : Version: 6.0.501 / Virus Database: 299 - Release Date: 7/14/03 : :
I had a similar problem - the AC worked great until you shut off the engine and re-started shortly thereafter. Turned out that the compressor clutch was the problem. When it got heated up, the coil was affected and couldn't engage it. After it cooled down, all was OK again.
doug

how
I think you might be right Doug. I may trying a piece of cardboard between the clutch and the housing. If it works I'll prob. take it to the shop. Thanks

comes