Are the trolls happy??

Page 2 of 2

Thanks for that info...I will look into it. But frankly why should I waste my time? Isn't that what the troll is trying to accomplish? Getting someone to feed their fire? I just won't bother replying to the one(s) who appear to be responsible. I just checked my other internet e-mail accounts and they are all clean....so you tell me. Would you really bother with the fool?

it is to impregnating one's personal computer with viruses.
Ply...is that for plywood Ken??

my guess would be Ply= Plymouth

Do you understand sarcasm?

Bret you are correct. I happen to own one.

A '39 Plywood Coupe?
Don't you think that it would been awfully rotten now? Unless, of course, the owner has done several frame off restorations...
he he he he he
William
Hi!

Anything is certainly possible. Lately I have taken to reading all my news with Forte Free Agent on a Windows NT 3.51 computer. After I make sure it's OK, I wander in and post what I like from OoopsLook Exploits. I'm sure it's not a bulletproof solution, but it narrows the scope of attacks that can be used considerably.

May or may not have been newsgroup or troll related in any way. Think of how many address books your e-mail address may have been in, even if you never used it for your "main" address! All it takes is one for the virii to become a real pain the butt, especially if the victim is on a broadband line.

Trolls knowing that you did only serves to egg them on. Do it and don't talk about it.

Notice my reply-to? It's a valid forwarder after repairs, just in case. Haven't had to pull it yet, but I know the day may well come!

Could have been spoofed or otherwise faked...I don't see you saying whose they may have been?

Trolls are like that...you can't really ever "win" with one on your tail, unless you troll them back into giving up, which may take a lot of doing. They don't really care if they win or lose the overall argument on the topic they are trolling you over, but getting an angry response from you or whomever tells them they have won.

Don't give up on posting here...just take the heat and get on with your life. Live by the words "It's only Usenet". Use a new nym and/or post from a different server if it gets to be too much and you still want to be here. Some days I sit and wonder if Checkmate is still around here with just another name, server and personality. Not that he'd ever say though...
William

Yes, this could be true...The individual who scoped out the IP's for me did mention that. That is one main reason why I am reluctant to post them. I do not want some poor grandma in Idaho getting her e-mail jacked with. The main reason I posted in the first place was to let unsuspecting folks know about the idiocy that could go on here. I am not that new to posting, but I am not an old timer at it either. I guess there is more to learn here than how to fix cars.
If the machine is a ghost or a host for the hacker. Simply look at the loging files and see what has happend. Sometimes thier too anxious and excited they forget to erase thier tracks.
--
You make fun of what you are really afraid of... and thats us......

2002 Dodge Viper Venom 1000 Twin Turbo by Hennessey Performance Engineering