Can the crankshaft be removed from a 4.3 with the motor in?

Can I take the crank out of my 98 astro van without pulling the motor? Thanks.

Yes but not as easily as with it out of the vehicle. There isn't a lot of room to work between the frame and the block.
-
06rexwagon wrote:

By the end of the job (if there is an end) you will wish you had simply pulled the motor out.
Ian

motor?
Yep, but it can be done. Not fun though.
Steve W.
-