previa crankshaft censor

Can anyone help me in locating the crankshaft censor in my 92 toyota previa. There is no power in the sparks or coil and i was told it would be the censor. leem

Reply to
leem

Dont know the engine used but it will be at one end of the crankshaft - it could be down on the fan-belt end (toothed ring) or it could be based on the flywheel end, in which case it would be where the gearbox meets the block, likely at the top. However it could be camshaft sensed instead, in which case the sensor(s) will be in the dizzy.

Reply to
Coyoteboy

FYI, you are talking about a "sensor," not a censor.

Who told you that the crankshaft sensor determines whether the coil gets spark? Did that person actually look at the vehicle and perform an informed diagnosis? Did you check to see if there is power coming to the coil? Did that person check the igniter, ignition switch, wiring?

Reply to
Ray O