Clearing computer codes

I was wondering if it is possible to clear the computer codes in a 97 Venture without having to pay a garage $50 to do it a, no one around here offers a free service.

Remove positive battery cable for 30 minutes

That does not remove all the OBD II codes. The only way to remove all the codes is to use the computer data port. $97 does seem a bit high. THe shop I work at only charges $40. Shop around, you should be able to find some place cheeper.
Tim

Try either an Autozone or Advance Auto Parts. I know both will read and delete old codes as a free service. I have had Advance Auto parts do it for me 3 times now.