computer codes

Does anyone know how to clear the computer code to put out the (check engine light).

Reply to
Jim

Make model and year please?

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

After the problem is corrected, some will reset after a few days and others must be reset.

Joe

Reply to
Joe R

Sorry 2002 Jetta with a 2 liter engine.

Reply to
Jim

The problem started with the check engine light coming on. So we took it to the dealer again. This is a 2000 Jetta with a 2 liter engine. They said it's a 02 sensor for the 3rd time and a ignition coil. For a price of $450.00. The car has 54,000 on it.

Reply to
Jim

It is not covered under a recall....The 2.0L engines were not affected by the Bremi screwup.

Reply to
Peter Cressman

Might I suggest then getting a VAG COM. With your laptop (any P100 or better running sWINdle 95 and up) you can pull the same codes the dealer looks at. What I use day in and day out.

Just so you know, VW issued a memo a while back warning that silicon based tire dressings can ruin MAF and O2 sensors since the silicon won't burn off. Could this be the cause of your 02 sensor failures?

Reply to
Pencilneck

Never mind. I got rite of the piece of junk. I will never get another VW. Too many problems with them.

Reply to
Jim