critique of the General Motors lineup

the good:
Chevrolet Colorado, Venture, Malibu, Impala, Cavalier, Corvette, Silverado, Tracker, Trailblazer Every Buick (especially Ranier), Saturn, and Pontiac
Olds Aurora, Bravada, and Silhouette
the bad:
Chevrolet Cobalt, Monte Carlo, Avalanche, S-10 Olds Alero, Intrigue Anything by Cadillac!
I'm in a pickle because my current vehicle is a minivan --'99 Venture short wheelbase, and once you've lived with the convenience of a minivan and its cargo capabilities and seat configurations for 4 years, you can't go back to a car! I wish Buick made a version of the GM minivan. Looks like an '04 Pontiac Montana is in the cards for me.
| the good: | | Chevrolet Colorado, Venture, Malibu, Impala, Cavalier, Corvette, Silverado, | Tracker, Trailblazer | Every Buick (especially Ranier), Saturn, and Pontiac | Olds Aurora, Bravada, and Silhouette | | | the bad: | | Chevrolet Cobalt, Monte Carlo, Avalanche, S-10 | Olds Alero, Intrigue | Anything by Cadillac! | | I'm in a pickle because my current vehicle is a minivan --'99 Venture short | wheelbase, and once you've lived with the convenience of a minivan and its | cargo capabilities and seat configurations for 4 years, you can't go back | to a car! I wish Buick made a version of the GM minivan. Looks like an | '04 Pontiac Montana is in the cards for me. |
I like minivans too. Chevy still makes the Venture for 2004...why not stick with that? http://www.chevrolet.com/venture/ Much better looking than the Montana too. Pontiacs just look to plastic/cheesy...the sculpted panels and cowls look like stuck on afterthoughts to me....just a bit overdone and out of place. I agree that a Buick version of the Venture would probably be quite nice (all the Buick models are very nice)
You missed one for your bad list...the worst one of all..the Pontiac Aztec!!

stick with that? http://www.chevrolet.com/venture/ Much better looking than the Montana too. Pontiacs just look too plastic/cheesy.<<<<
The white or silver Montana looks alright with that dark moulding, and I like the honey-comb grille. But I might get another Venture; an '04 Plus version is $22,000 and includes dual sliding doors standard. My '99 just has one sliding door. No more dark colors though. The new van will be white or silver. I'm tired of cleaning my dark blue Venture and 2 days later it looks like crap again!
Minivans forever! I leave all the rear seats out of mine, except for the small one behind the driver, for the occasional passenger. I haul lots of lumber and other materials in it. Car camping is easy with all that room. No tent necessary; the air mattress fits perfectly.
I was driving down the street the other day and saw a casket slide out of the back of a Venture in front of a funeral home!
I agree, silver is a great color for hiding road dirt and grime. White isn't to bad either (I have a White Dodge Caravan). But Silver is definitely better. My last dark vehicle was a forest green Malibu LS...like you I had to wash it too darn often to keep it looking half way clean.
http://money.cnn.com/2003/12/19/pf/autos/corvette_c6/index.htm?cnn=yes
Justin wrote:

Wow, they screwed it up good, membrane activated door handles? wtf? what happens when the battery dies?
Justin wrote:

Bad.
Good.
GM only makes three truly good vehicles. The LeSabre, the Yukon/Tahoe, and the Corvette. Everything else is unfortunately, matched or bettered by the competition for the price. Saturn is acceptable, though - but not special either. Kind of its own thing.
Still, those three are very good standouts that cover a lot of people's needs.

I'd pass. Like it or not, the Honda CR-V/Element is a better design. GM doesn't make decent minivan. Neither does Ford. They do make the Yukon, which can be had for yery little a couple of years old. I've seen 3-4 year old models in the 20K range. At that price, they beat a minivan hands-down. :)
For the 2005 model year (available fall 2004), GM will have a Buick "minvan". I put the word minivan in quotations because it will be called a "crossover sport van" instead. It is called the Buick Terraza. To get more info, check out the Buick web site at www.buick.com and enter the word Terraza in the search box.
On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 22:37:48 GMT, Joseph Oberlander

Buick Regal still the best of the lot.
wrote:

short
its
back
an
Yukon,
snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com wrote in message

Inspired in the Korean paragon of design: Kia. Harley Earl is probably turining in his grave...