Cutlass Ciera AC

So... my buddy gave me his 95 Ciera, and I want to charge the A/C. On my Celebrity, I just hooked up the can to the port and it had enough pressure to cycle the compressor clutch, but that's not working with the Olds, so how
do I jumper the clutch to make it work? I know there's a two wire plug.. do I need to apply 12 volts to one side of the connector on the compressor and ground the other side? Does it matter what side? Is this not correct at all?! And yes, I tried googling, but in the first 3 pages I didn't get anything relevant, so I tried this. Anyways. Thanks in advance, guys.
-Sam (who will be taking his POS Celebrity off the road if he can get the AC working in his new POS.)
Look for the two wire plug on the condenser/dehydrator (silver canister looking thing). Disconnect it and connect a jumper (paper clip or similar) across the loose end of the connection. Try that prior to adding refrigerant -- those switches seem to fail fairly often and you may not really be low. The switch is on a Schrader valve, and can be replaced without discharging/recharging the system.
Good Luck, Mark Sparge

how
do
and
AC
-----= Posted via Newsfeed.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeed.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== 100,000 Groups! - 19 Servers! - Unlimited Download! =-----

similar)
No, it's completely low. I pressed the valve in and a little gas came out and that was it. I only need AC for the summer, living in Mass, so I can live with throwing a can of 134a in it once a year. Thanks for the help!
-Sam

similar)
Maybe I'm dumb, but I'm not seeing this. I see the canister thing, but I don't see any plugs or other fittings other then the AC hoses. There's some mysterious plug in front of the evaporator (is that the thing in front of the radiator) and it seems to connect to the AC's fan.
-Sam
You should try unplugging the compressor clutch, and hooking a short jumper to ground, and a long, fused jumper to the other terminal, now touch the other end of jumper to battery positive. Hear a clunk ? = clutch OK no thunk = bad clutch

jumper
Doesn't matter which connector gets connected to ground/battery? Word!
-Sam
No the circut is independently grounded, ground either terminal. Assuming the clutch has two wires. My knowledge stops at 1984, the newest car I own.
Some of the " newer " cars use different wiring / procedures, so anything I say may be obsolete. After 15 years of ownership, I feel I know my El Caminos, as I've done many repairs.