day time lights

Page 4 of 11  


It is serious, so it will lend itself to an actual conversation.
Your comments are oh so important, hmmm ;).
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

You are so right. My head is usually in "reality", unlike yours. Perhaps you should give it a try, you may like it.

Oh, I don't know. Does the phrase "A MOUNTAIN OF DEAD BODIES" ring a bell?

No, you are the one who believes motor vehicles having there lights on in broad daylight makes them *harder* to see. Sorry, Sharon. The game is over. You have lost. Your pitiful attempt to convince people based on lies, and unproven (or even sensible) information, has failed. Good night, and as Larry says, God Bless.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

That is an extremely unkind and inaccurate thing to say. Please don't allow this to be a reflection of your character :(.
<snip>

You weren't paying attention, obviously.
I thought you were done posting, but you are back?
<snip>
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Think what you want, Larry. The fact is, all of Sharon's "facts" have been proven to be either false, or have actually led to pro-DRL.

Oh, I pay attention Larry. I pay attention to things like you snipping text you don't want to respond too. I pay attention to the links you provide, which at times are actually pro-DRL. And, then I pay attention to you lying about them.

I was done posting to you, as you can't have a discussion without lies. As for Sharon, I felt the need to respond to her last post.
Good night, Larry.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
<snip>

Everyone snips comments, you can't keep the whole thread in each posting. You also cannot be expected to respond to every single thing in every single post. I appreciate your commenting, however I don't appreciate being called a liar, that is not appropriate.
Thanks for your time,
Larry
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Cut the crap, Larry. How can you expect people to have honest debates with you, when you can't even tell the truth? And, yes. Snipping happens, but it's not appropriate to snip information, only because you don't want to respond to it. You know what? It's been fun. I came into this thread not caring weather cars have DRL's or not. I figured, my car has them, but your's doesn't. So what? I gave your side a chance, yet you can't keep your facts straight, and the only reason I call you a liar is because you are one. Or, at least you are on Usenet. What you are in real life, I honestly don't know.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Knight, obviously, you don't understand that you are clearly pro DRL, you can view your comments that I posted above. You are on record with multiple comments in support of DRLs. You claim to not care and to be neutral, that doesn't seem to be the case.
You can call me whatever you want, it doesn't make it true. I know how you have acted and that is all I need to know.
God bless,
Larry
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Being for or against DRL's is very different from calling the info you site BS. I could not possibly care less if cars have DRL's or not. All I am saying is your arguments don't usually match up. Some of them don't even make any sense. If you call that "Pro-DRL", then you are going to find a *lot* of people who are Pro.

So, you know that I have not lied, and you have. Good for you, Larry. And you don't need me saying you have lied to prove it. Just re-read your posts.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

It is clear where your loyalties are, you cannot hide that anymore.
I don't know if, in your own mind, you actually believe that you are reasonable, and at this point I don't care. I didn't call you a liar, you called me that. I am simply calling you out for what you stated so clearly in multiple postings, live with it.
I won't be called a liar by you especially. I see no point in continuing to include you in this conversation.
CYA,
Larry
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Grab a clue, Larry. I couldn't care less about DRL's. Some have them, some don't. I only wanted to point out how pathetic your "evidence" actually is.

I can live with it, Larry. You are the one who can't seem to grasp the fact that you have lied.

Don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
<snip>

Haven't gone anywhere. I appreciate your concern :).
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
L> Hey Knight, greetings there. I am only addressing the U.S. market L> specifically. Sharon referenced the different elevation and ambient L> light differences and I agree with that assessment. Things are L> different down here and the discussion is mainly about the U.S. I am L> sorry that you did not realize this. I would have thought that ambient conditions in US border cities would not differ materially from those in the adjacent Canadian border cities. For example: Detroit vs. Windsor, Sault Michigan vs. Sault Ontario, Niagara Falls NY vs. Niagara Falls Ont. , Buffalo NY vs. Fort Erie Ont. Perhaps you can enlighten me. DRL's work effectively and are well received in Canada, where 90% of the population lives within 200 miles of the US border.
It always fills me with a sense of wonder at how obstinate some people can be with respect to any perceived restriction on their freedom to choose unsafe practices over safer ones. Other debates have dragged on endlessly about the merits of motorcycle helmets, or the use of air bags, or the use of seat belts. If one tries hard enough one can usually unearth isolated instances where an initiative may have an adverse outcome. These instances are then seized upon to support the notion that the initiatives should be abandoned despite ample evidence of their effectiveness in most situations.
Just my $0.02
Cheers,
Indrek Aavisto
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Good point on the border cities, there really isn't much difference between them and the corresponding cities in Canada. I am down south and there is a difference, but on the border, I just don't know how it could be that different.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Mike,
Thanks for your comment. You are saying what? I don't see you presenting any "reasons" and "evidence", just more of the same attempt to break down others instead of coming up with a solid viewpoint to talk about.
Larry
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote in message

I just don't see a problem with it.

And how many people have been killed by air bags, or seatbelts? Your arguments are pretty weak.

Weak, once again.

This has to be one of the lamest excuses I have ever heard (again). Are you trying to tell me that you can't tell the difference between a car with DRL's on, and a Police car with flashing red (or whichever color in your State) lights? That, and if an emergency vehicle is in that much of a rush, they have these neat things that make noise too.

Go back to school and get smarter.

You should, and she is. At least, from what I have seen on this topic.

Every point you make is bullshit. How do you expect to be taken seriously?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Hey Knight, you prove my point, you contribute nothing and call names and curse. And you expect to be taken seriously, right, LOL. I won't be replying specifically to your comments, there is nothing there to actually respond to, ROTFLOL.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Glare? from a reduced voltage head lamp you better get your eyes checked
wrote:

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Tim wrote:

blind someone if it's shining directly in your eyes. FYI: the "reduced intensity" high beams on some GM cars (and most notably the inboard lights on a Saturn) with engines running will put out over 7,000 candela, ABOVE the threshold of "discomfort glare", into the range of "disabling glare".

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Sharon, 1- I had a 1999 Canadian built American car called a Chevy Cavalier with standard DRLs. Could you tell me how mny gallons of gas I've wasted because of my DRLs over a 7 year period?
2- Personally I would rather see all cars with DRLs rather than not see one coming at me out of a rainstorm, a fog or from around a sharp two-lane highway curve in overcast without any lights, which they "forgot" to turn on! I can send you a copy of the accident and hospital reports to verify the results if you would like?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

At what distance? Sure, if you are inches away it is bright, but light decreases rapidly with distance. How close to you actually get to those lights while driving? Admittedly, not every light is properly aimed, but night or day that is a problem. Use the numbers correctly and get back to us.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.