96 chevy day time running lights

is there anyway to shut off the daytime running lights? i was told to turn on/off the cargo switch 4 or 5 times, and that is suppose to turn them off, but i havent been able to get it to work. i have a 96 chevy 1500 W/T body truck.

any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Troy

Reply to
Troy Nemes (FMR)

just pull the fuse.I do it all the time when i am hunting. the fuse is inside a cover on the left side of the dash. you have to open the door to see the cover. old john

1999 tahoe.
Reply to
<ajeeperman
1999 tahoe.

was told to

to turn them

chevy 1500 W/T body

Reply to
Boots

Did you buy this vehicle used ,cause I know there when the daytime running lights first came out ,for certain vehicles ,certain companies selling a kit to keep the daytime running lights on even when you had the headlights turned on ,which basically bypassed the override mode or someone could've rewired the lights to do that as well . Probably the best thing to do is find out if the emrgency brake will keep the DTR lights off ,go start your truck with the emergency brake on and check to make sure they are off ,if not then it is possible the lights have been rewired then check the fuse to make sure they will go out that way then if they do turn on your headlights and make sure they are working properly as well , when you find out what the problem is post back so we can see what the fix was . Good Luck

Reply to
badaztek

thanks everybody.

i will check the ebrake. i bought the truck used, but my father in law bought it new, so i know that it hasnt been rewired.

again, thanks for all the help from everybody.

Troy

Reply to
Troy Nemes (FMR)

Do you have a 'Dome Overide' button? That is the one I press four times to disable the lights.

Reply to
Bill

AS I STATED EARLIER, JUST PULL THE DAMN FUSE LOCATED ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE DASH PANEL. OPEN THE DOOR TO SEE IT. OLD JOHN

Reply to
<ajeeperman