Dealing With The Dealer

Page 1 of 2
I've about had it with the dealer who sold me a 2004 Trailblazer. I bought it new and found out 30 days later it had been in some sort of collision before I bought it. The repair was done badly (they even
clear coated over the dealer-installed pin striping). Obviously the damage was done sometime after the dealer received the vehicle from Chevrolet.
The dealer doesn't respond to my calls, The Chevy Assistance Center is a joke. The dealer talks to them, promises to call me, and never does.
Is there a higher authority in GM I can get to? Everyone knows there are Zone Manager but so far I haven't found any contact information for the Chicago Zone Office. Do I have to sue to get their attention?
And GM wonders why they've steadily lost market share for the past 20+ years? LOL. I'd give them the answer but they're too stupid to understand.
I have similar experience. Please, read post: buying new car

understand.
Sorry that you're having a problem, but if it were me I'd go down to the dealer personally. It's hard to ignore someone who is in your office.
FYI GM's market share is actually growing.
Brian

GM's market share is in a long term decline.
I've been to the dealership and only had the misfortune of meeting with the flunky sale manager types. They want to up sell me to a a new vehicle. *As if I could trust that the next vehicle from them would be any less damaged than the first.) The owner is never around.

Again as I said I feel for anyone having issues with a new vehicle. But you are wrong about the market share. I'm a stock holder so I keep pretty close tabs on their performance. I used to work for General Motors and still have stock.
Here's a link to investors reports.
http://www.gm.com/company/investor_information/docs/fin_data/gm03ar/download/gm03arfinancials.pdf
Brian
I'm a stock holder so I keep pretty close

http://www.gm.com/company/investor_information/docs/fin_data/gm03ar/download/gm03arfinancials.pdf
Here's a link to the only report I need on the stock
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=GM&t=5y
Since we're splitting hairs, I guess I should have said that GM's U.S. market share has been on the decline for decades.
Better?

have
http://www.gm.com/company/investor_information/docs/fin_data/gm03ar/download/gm03arfinancials.pdf
No, what your showing is review (cost of stock). And that's just what I said, all automakers are reporting losses compared to the last few years. Their market share is increasing, it's a separate issue.
Brian

I guess that's why I said, "Here's a link to the only report I need on the stock."
And that's just what I

If you really believe this, you and your stock can enjoy the ride down together.

From what I hear they're about to increase their market share even more by finishing the takeover of Fiat.
Ahh.... GM design finesse with Fiat reliability..
Now this is US progress!
| | FYI GM's market share is actually growing. | | Brian | |
That is incorrect. GM's market share has been on the decline for years. Even the most recent sales numbers show the trend still continues. Where are you getting information that GM's market share is growing?

Even
you
As all auto manufactures are posting losses in comparison to the past few years. GM is still growing their global market share.
http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2004/10/14/ap1590526.html
Brian
| > | | > | FYI GM's market share is actually growing. | > | | > | Brian | > | | > | | > | > That is incorrect. GM's market share has been on the decline for years. | Even | > the most recent sales numbers show the trend still continues. Where are | you | > getting information that GM's market share is growing? | > | > | | As all auto manufactures are posting losses in comparison to the past few | years. GM is still growing their global market share. | | http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2004/10/14/ap1590526.html | | Brian | |
Nice to see GM's *global* market share is up to 15.5% from 15.1%. Perhaps there is some new light shining at the end of the tunnel. Toyota has been eating everybody's lunch lately!!
That's what happens when you make a better product.
Chuck in Phoenix .

Toyota so called better product is more myth than fact. Every manufacture make some that are not up to snuff. As Toyotas begins to sell in the millions rather than in the hundreds of thousands, more of their bad one are showing up. The recent slew of cars with engine problems, that lead to a warranty extension by Toyota, is an example. Toyota has been over pricing their vehicle by 20% to 30% against the competition, as well. A national car magazine, comparing five mid size cars, reached that conclusion when it rated the Camry fifth, behind two domestics and two imports, as a buy recommendation because of the $5,000 higher price.
mike hunt
Chuck wrote:

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 13:04:00 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com wrote:

I suppose with that extra $5,000.00 they can pay dividends to shareholders & fix the cars that show up at the dealers with defects instead of fighting with their customers.
Companies dealing with the end consumer have to realize that the customers worth keeping aren't expecting perfection. Just decent service once a product has been purchased.
Trailer parks are full of people who are looking for the lowest price damn the service or quality. Mercedes tended to get customers for life by looking after their customers.
No product is 100% perfect every time, we understand that. But be damned if I'm going to ever go back to a dealer who tells me CV joints wearing out at 30K is my fault.
Manufactures deal with their dealer it is their dealers that deal with the buyers not the manufacture. If you have a problem with your vehicle and the dealer is not taking care of you, find another dealer who will. If you tend to believe customer surveys, you will not buy a Toyota. Toyotas dealer network is constantly at the top of the list for poor customer service.
mike hunt
Full_Name wrote:

GM corporate does have a consumer call center. So it isn't exactly right. But they might as not have it since it's useless in my opinion.

ALL manufactures have call centers. They are contract centers, staffed by people that do not even work in the industry, that have no authority to offer you a solution to you problem, particularly if the vehicle is off warranty. They take you complaint, record and categorize it, then send it on to the DEALER for action or a response. ;)
mike hunt
"James C. Reeves" wrote:

That explaions a lot! ;-)

THAT explains a lot too! ;-)

Back to the dealer huh? That sounds like the GM process engineers have designed a little thing we like to call in the technology business as a "infinate loop".
THAT explains a lot too!!!
In my opinion, they're set up to fail if that is the process <sigh>
My experience with Chrysler has been much different than that. The call center manages (somehow) to make (or get) decisions (from some approval authority that is outside of the "loop"?) and pass that to the Dealer to carry out. But that was 15 years ago...maybe it's changed now at Chrysler too.
Those centers work for more than one manufacture and many are not even in the US. There is a call center in Wilkes-Barre Pa that handles calls for both automotive, appliances manufactures and others. I hear they take calls for companies like Toyota, GE, Dell, the VA and Fruit-of-Loom
mike hunt