problems with my dealer

I need some advice. I'm on my 2nd Subbie, both bought from the same local dealer. My problem is that with both cars, every time I take it in for things they haver a standard reply - we couldn't reproduce the problem.

On my '04 Forester, I kept complaining of drive train stiffness when turning slowly, like into a parking lot. It reminded me of an old 4 wheel drive with front axles engaged and powered, on dry pavement. I got the standard reply.

After knowing that this was really binding up because the car wouldn't even coast when the wheels were turned and going slow, I took it back and asked for a mechanic to come for a test drive with me. He drove it 10 feet and knew that the valve that disengages the rear drive was stuck. They replaced it and now it drives normally.

My question is this: now it seems as if there is a humming noise from my rear drive train. I can't help but wonder what kind of damange I did before I actually got this think fixed. Should I complain to Subaru USA? I'm still under warranty for a while.

Thanks.

Reply to
kayakjb

You likely have a wheel bearing going bad - not uncommon on some Impreza based soobs. At least get your complaint documented BEFORE the warranty runs out - even if they can't 'duplicate' the problem. I'm betting you will get their attention this time. but if not - and the problem continues to get worse, you will be able to show them what you complained about while under warranty.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Can you tell us what country you're in so we can assist.

This is a worldwide group if you didn't know.

Thanks >

Reply to
Tony Burns (permanent dismisse