Diagnosing Park Ave torque converter clutch problem

I've been having intermittant, momentary loss of power to the wheels while driving at freeway speeds in our '95 Park Ave Ultra. I've posted this
here before and gotten some tips, which I've followed up on. For example, pursuing the possibility that it was an engine misfiring problem I replaced the plugs and wires, and my mechanic replaced the mass flow sensor based on his (rather expensive) hunch. Unfortunately, the problem is still there.
I now believe it is the torque converter clutch (TCC) and want to confirm the diagnosis. I can cause the problem to occur by accelerating on an up-grade, e.g., the approach to a freeway fly-over interchange. Rather than accelerating smoothly there will be an irregular pulsing or jerking in the acceleration. If I then tap the brake, it stops jerking and accelerates smoothly.
Is this a conclusive diagnosis of TCC failure?
The second question is what is required to fix it. I will of course take it to a transmission shop, but would like to go in with some idea what to expect.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Ed
Not being a wise guy here but it seems like a lot og guess work has been done here. If you get a trans capable bi-directional scanner on this with an experienced operator, he can see if the tcc is in fact slipping when commanded by looking at slippage errors/percentages this will confirm or deny the tcc as the problem. By tapping the brake you are also unloading the engine so a slight misfire would be eliminated.

-
Thanks, Shep. Is the "trans capable bi-directional scanner" something that a typical shop should have, or only available at dealers?

Forgot to mention that this morning the "Traction off" dash warning light came on. Punching the button did not get it to go off. We normally never touch this button, having no real use for this feature in our mild climate.
Could this be related to the other problem I described?
Ed

All quality trans shops have the scanner I spoke of, of course dealers also. Trac problem may be related in that it is disabled for some pcm /operating problems, this would require a scan, again to see what's what.

-