dimmer switch

The instrument dimmer switch on My 1998 GMC Jimmy has been going out for some time now. The dash light are on bright so its really not a problem but I would like to dim them. I have been putting this off for some time now. I
went to Auto Zone and they asked me if it had cruse control or not. I could not understand why that would matter but with cruse its $99 without $127. I told them for that price I will put up with it.
Tim
message

but
could
Because they're probably looking up a multi-function switch? You know, turn signals, hi-low beam (dimmer?) cruise control.....
instead of the 'switch' that you want, that controls the brightness of the dash lights
I questioned that but the answer I got was go to the dealer and see how much it is. The part had to be ordered so I couldn't see it. I plan I doing that. Still had to believe it could cost that much.

now.
$127.
turn