Engine Code

Service engine light is coming on when load is applied to 1995 3.4 V-6 engine with 64k miles in a Chev. Lumnia sedan.Service engine light stays off
at idle rpms. Had the codes read and trouble code P1640-QDM-1 failure was read.I tried dis-connnect of battery to see if computer would clear code with no luck. Any suggestion,vechile starts and runs find no rough idle.??
Try cleaning the contacts at the PCM connectors, that's common.
From there, I'd be looking at a possible TCC solenoid problem.
Steve