"ENVIRONUST"

Page 3 of 4

And smog is down 57% from 1970. Happy now?
--
Tegger

That doesn't matter.
Tegger wrote:

I'm happy, are you? When I don't see "brown clouds" over cities - even small cities - then we can stop worrying about air pollution.
: > And smog is down 57% from 1970. Happy now?
Where? Certainly not LA or Houston or a dozen other big cities

The air quality in the Los Angeles basin has improved every year for at least as long as I have lived there. (whole life) And I was born in 1958.
But that is just a statistic. To me it is totally obvious how much the air, ground and water quality have improved compared to even just 25 years ago.
Dan
Tegger wrote:

That's a very poor analogy.
Since you want to compare global warming to murder, let's put it this way.
Let's stop people who are assaulting others, because everyone (who is rational anyway) agrees that assault is a bad thing - and to expound on JoeSpareBedroom's point, you may prevent a murder.
Got it?

I am comparing the ACCUSATIONs of murder and of man-made global warming. Things that have scant to non-existent evidence for them.
--
Tegger

EPA studies show the air to be 57% cleaner now than it was in 1970. And that's in absolute terms, not relative ones.
--
Tegger

So, continuing to improve it is a bad idea?
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Did anyone say that ?
Graham

If millions of dollars means minuscule change, yes. And that's exactly what we're getting.
Current levels of pollution are not injurious to human health.
--
Tegger

Depends on where you're talking about. Which cities are you specifically referring to? In some, air pollution is a tangible health issue.
Tegger wrote:

That's certainly arguable.

Not even that. As usual tegger doesn't have a clue as to what he is regurgitating. In his world all pollution and environmental concerns are all fabricated by the far left in an effort to destroy all that America stands for.
http://www.webmd.com/news/20051003/air-pollutions-health-risks-underestimated
: to destroy all that : America stands for. :
Like endless neocon wars of conquest and occupation?

Would you say any injury is worse now than in 1970?
--
Tegger

: >> EPA studies show the air to be 57% cleaner now than it was in 1970. And : >> that's in absolute terms, not relative ones.
Hmm. Is that an EPA gutted by the flat earth Bushistas?
in

Thank the environmentalists. It certainly wasn't because we let industry police itself.

To some extent, you can thank OPEC for the first oil "crisis". It resulted in changes small and large around this country. For instance, in NY state, it wasn't until that oil crisis that the law changed, and allowed us to make a right turn on red. If you were not living in Long Island in the 1970s, you cannot possibly imagine the outrageous traffic, and how many cars sat at red lights, needlessly idling.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Roundabouts would fix that too.
Graham