GM 3.8 with 4T65E transmission light towing ?

I need to ocaissionally l tow a lightly loaded ( wt) 5X10 cargo trailer local . I would like to buy a hitch and trans cooler from www.bulkpart.com for my 1998 Olds Delta 88 ( 3.8 v6 with a 4T65E
automatic transaxel ) . Will this transmission take it ? - thanks
IMO: I would not ever hook a trailer to a unibody car. I'm not worried about the tranny as much as I would the body of the car. I think the V-6 would handle the load, but NOT the tranny nor the body. Check the owners manual and see if it is even rated to tow.

It is capable according to the manual .
On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 21:14:16 GMT, "Eightupman"