GM Compliant Dept?

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a GM complaint dept. I own a '97 Blazer and I think they really need to know what a piece of S**t it is. With only 75,000 miles there is way too many things wrong with it.

Reply to
The Adams Family

It may fall on deaf ears. The vehicle is out of warranty and GM no longer produces 1997 Blazers. It would more or less give the lady on the other end of the phone something to talk to her co-workers about at break time.

However, I do feel your pain. A friend of mine used to own one, for all of 6 months, got rid of it ASAP as soon as the repair bills started to pile up.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Yes they have a customer service department. My experience with them is that they're useless, arrogant and hardly worthy of their name "Customer Service". Personally I wouldn't waste the time. Dump the vehicle and get something else and save yourself the headaches. That's what I did...and should have done it sooner...would have gotten an extra $2K for dumping the vehicle earlier (but I thought GM would work with me...they didn't...the delay cost me a total of $6K instead of $4K had I known better).

Reply to
James C. Reeves

My 97 Blazer, 4.3 Vortec.. 118,000 on it now. 2 door, cloth interior, a/c/, auto, 2wd, am/fm/cassette. Manual windows, cruise. Gauges but no tach.

40,000 - Alternator 50,000 - Water pump 80,000 - Transmission (set slip code). The did this under warranty. "New" gm reman, at dealer 80,000 - A/C compresor 80,000 - Wiper control module 102,000 - just out of warranty - fuel pump, 800, ouch! 104,000 - 2nd alternator

The first set of brakes lasted 25,000, 2nd set about 50k, on the 3rd set now. OEM tires (Wranglers as I recall) wen to 65k, have Michelins on there now.

"The Adams Family" wrote:

Reply to
Merlin

My 1998 GMC Jimmy I don't know the mileage when the repairs were done but I have. It now has 106,000 miles

Ignition switch Both front wheel bearings Two Alternators Drivers side power window motor Water pump Wiper motor

Reply to
Tim or Linda

Reply to
Chuck

One way to look at it. Except the cow may actually enjoy the experience!

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Trust me, GM isn't the only one with crappy Customer Service. Mercury/Ford is the same way. Some dude in India who reads scripts, and refuses to give you corporate contact information...

Reply to
clevere

That may very well be true. But the subject is not Ford's customer service, it's GM's customer service. So, I'm not sure what the point was. If it's to say that they all are bad...that is a poor excuse for GM to do it just because it's competitors do (if that was the point).

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Mercury/Ford

I worked for both Ford and GM and it's pretty similar. We always called it "liar's school." They take young kids out of school who usually don't know much about vehicles. They put them in a pool with others to teach them how to blow customers off. When they graduate from there they head for a sales dept. assignment. Sounds like they transferred the work overseas.

Reply to
Al Bundy

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 11:35:01 -0500, The Adams Family donned fireproof underwear and scratched on the wall:

I feel for ya.

I had a '95 Jimmy which drove great and I loved the 4.3L engine but what a pain - almost 150K miles in seven years and I had - three EFI units, power steering pump, water pump, EGR unit twice, rebuilt headers, power window motor (driver), 4x4 actuator...

...and to top it off, I had bought the truck with the (now infamous) Bridgestone ATX tires. Took it in to have the brakes done one day, and the guy called me talling me there's deep cracks around the inner tread of all four tires. Fortunately, thanks to the Ford issue, I got them reimbursed a few months later.

Reply to
Perfect Reign