GM Compliant Dept?

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a GM complaint dept. I own a '97 Blazer and I think they really need to know what a piece of S**t it is. With only 75,000 miles there is way too many things wrong with it.

--
Doug and Rox Ann Adams
M268 Rd.5A

Yes they have a customer service department. My experience with them is that they're useless, arrogant and hardly worthy of their name "Customer Service". Personally I wouldn't waste the time. Dump the vehicle and get something else and save yourself the headaches. That's what I did...and should have done it sooner...would have gotten an extra $2K for dumping the vehicle earlier (but I thought GM would work with me...they didn't...the delay cost me a total of $6K instead of $4K had I known better).
Trust me, GM isn't the only one with crappy Customer Service. Mercury/Ford is the same way. Some dude in India who reads scripts, and refuses to give you corporate contact information...

That may very well be true. But the subject is not Ford's customer service, it's GM's customer service. So, I'm not sure what the point was. If it's to say that they all are bad...that is a poor excuse for GM to do it just because it's competitors do (if that was the point).

James C. Reeves wrote:

service,
it's
just
them is

"Customer
and
$2K for

me...they
known
I worked for both Ford and GM and it's pretty similar. We always called it "liar's school." They take young kids out of school who usually don't know much about vehicles. They put them in a pool with others to teach them how to blow customers off. When they graduate from there they head for a sales dept. assignment. Sounds like they transferred the work overseas.
My 97 Blazer, 4.3 Vortec.. 118,000 on it now. 2 door, cloth interior, a/c/, auto, 2wd, am/fm/cassette. Manual windows, cruise. Gauges but no tach.
40,000 - Alternator 50,000 - Water pump 80,000 - Transmission (set slip code). The did this under warranty. "New" gm reman, at dealer 80,000 - A/C compresor 80,000 - Wiper control module 102,000 - just out of warranty - fuel pump, 800, ouch! 104,000 - 2nd alternator
The first set of brakes lasted 25,000, 2nd set about 50k, on the 3rd set now. OEM tires (Wranglers as I recall) wen to 65k, have Michelins on there now.

My 1998 GMC Jimmy I don't know the mileage when the repairs were done but I have. It now has 106,000 miles
Ignition switch Both front wheel bearings Two Alternators Drivers side power window motor Water pump Wiper motor

Sounds like GM's Customer Service is just like a bull "services" a cow.

One way to look at it. Except the cow may actually enjoy the experience!
On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 11:35:01 -0500, The Adams Family donned fireproof underwear and scratched on the wall:

I feel for ya.
I had a '95 Jimmy which drove great and I loved the 4.3L engine but what a pain - almost 150K miles in seven years and I had - three EFI units, power steering pump, water pump, EGR unit twice, rebuilt headers, power window motor (driver), 4x4 actuator...
...and to top it off, I had bought the truck with the (now infamous) Bridgestone ATX tires. Took it in to have the brakes done one day, and the guy called me talling me there's deep cracks around the inner tread of all four tires. Fortunately, thanks to the Ford issue, I got them reimbursed a few months later.
--
kai
www.perfectreign.com