Is there such a thing as type 3 front drums?

I am planning on running type 3 wide five rears on my '68, but I am wondering if type 3s ever came with front drums? If so, could I run type 3 drum fronts, too?

--Dan E

Reply to
Braukuche

Just get a 4 to 5 lug adapter.

BLACK BAJA

"Braukuche" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m17.aol.com...

Reply to
Black Baja

The early type III's (to 1965, I think), were 5 lug and had drums in the front. I don't know where you got the rear drums from, but these weren't officialy imported until 65, so finding the front drums will probably be difficult/expensive.

Reply to
Zarana-X

Reply to
Braukuche

Welcome to the world of Type 3's where door seals will cost you $175 for the German stuff. The front on the early type 3's had dual cylinders, so expect to pay $50 or so for EACH cylinder, making $100 per wheel. This is why my '65 notch is not done yet. I'm trying to get everything, but as the old Johnny Cash song goes, "I got it one piece at a time". Unfortunately, it cost me more than a dime.

Neil '65 Notchback '67 Jaguar 420 '69 Squareback '70 Fastback '70 Squareback '71 Squareback '71 Notchback '72 Notchback '73 Squareback '88 Fox '88 F-150 '90 Aerostar '92 Eighty-Eight '95 Taurus

Reply to
Neil

Reply to
Braukuche