Grand Am Help

Does anyone know anything about the security light on a 1999 Grand Am? At times it will come on and it will not start until you wait ten minutes before it will start.
I had the control module replaced a year ago. (over $500.00) Does anyone know how to get rid of the module or bypass it?
Jerry

The security system is integral to the vehicle. Does your ignition key have a resistor pellet in it? If so I would lean toward the lock cylinder having a break in the wires, causing the wrong, or no value getting to the module. Gerald

The security system is integral to the vehicle. Does your ignition key have a resistor pellet in it? If so I would lean toward the lock cylinder having a break in the wires, causing the wrong, or no value getting to the module. Gerald
It does not have resistor pellet in the key.
Jerry