2002 Pontiac Grand Am SE1 Security Light

Hello,
I own a 2002 Grand Am. My problem is that the Security Light will come on intermittently when drive. Soon thereafter, when attempting
to start the car it will not crank over. To correct the problem I was told to attempt cranking the engine. If it failes to crank then turn the key to the off position and then back to on. The Security Light will go off after about 10 minutes. It will then crank. What is causing the problem??? Help!!!!
Are you having any electrical system problems that might be giving the electronics a headache?
The below Theft Deterrent learning procedure is called for when one or more of the listed components is replaced or repaired. I cannot tell you if it will help resolve your present situation. Others here with experience will know if it's worth trying or not.
Use these procedures after replacing:
a.. PasslockT Sensor b.. BCM c.. PCM
10 Minute Learn Procedure Tools Required:
None
1.. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF. 2.. Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON (vehicle will not start). 3.. Observe the SECURITY telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF. 4.. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds. 5.. The vehicle is now ready to relearn the PasslockT Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. Important The vehicle learns the PasslockT Sensor Data Code and/or password on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.
6.. Start the engine. The vehicle has now learned the PasslockT Sensor Data Code and/or password. 7.. With a scan tool, clear any DTCs if needed. History DTCs will self clear after 100 ignition cycles.

http://www.autoforumz.com/Pontiac-2002-Grand-SE1-Security-Light-ftopict118548.html