anyone know anything about B2600 4x4

If so pls tell me if it difficult to install a inner cv boot and a pitman arm. thanks if not difficult pls tell me how or a link to guide me through it. thanks

Reply to
Devils Advocate

Can't tell you how specifically as I've never replaced those on a B2600. But, I would suggest getting a service/repair manual from your local library for step by step directions. Every library I've ever been in has them, I don't understand why more people don't take advantage of that fact (oops ranting).

Anyway, pitman arms are usually pretty easy to replace. Often you'll need a gear puller and a pickle fork (ball joint fork). It's mostly muscle work, not often brain work.

CV boot replacement varies a lot from vehicle to vehicle depending on how the halfshafts come out and the configuration fo the CV joints. If it was my 4x4 truck I would be strongly tempted to buy one of those boots that has a seam which allows you to install it without disassembling the halfshaft.

Kind of an odd pair of things needing repair. Did you run into something?

John ('94 White Miata, might run again someday)

Reply to
John