Holy Expensive EGR Valve Batman!

My buddy @ Chevy got an EGR valve sitting there for me, my cost with his discount is $276 + whatever the gasket cost he has to order. Was hoping to get a few more miles out of the original, but its acting up.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~296,785 miles_~_~_
~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_
Which car does this go on?

My present car below the name
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~296,785 miles_~_~_
~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_
Harry wrote:

Is that your present car, or a historical monument?
---Bob Gross---
Bobby G wrote Is that your present car or a historical monument?
If these parts keep failing it will be my former car !
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~296,785 miles_~_~_
~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_
Harry Face wrote:
his

hoping
The car companies are having difficulty getting the price on new cars. Now even the rebates are not as effective. The vehicles just are not worth it. So they are making a concerted effort to raise prices of parts to make up for it in profit and drive buyers to replace older vehicles. You will be hearing more about this as it develops. I'm thinking of going back to a 60's ride to avoid the prices. I could have a very nice vehicle for less money.
I know it. I sold my 66 Chevy step side pickup with new 327 engine for a grand. Crap that's two months payments for the 03 LT ext cab.

I believe an EGR is Warranted 5 years because it is emission related.

Relevant news 8 years ago.
http://www.partsamerica.com/PartDetails.asp?SourceArea=&SourcePage=SEARCHRES ULTS&MfrCode=NIE&MfrPartNumber3009&PartType(2&PTSet=A
$220 for the valve and a few bucks more for the gasket.
http://www.partsamerica.com/SelectParts.asp?SourceArea=&PartType (3&PTSet=A &Description=Emissions&SourcePage=PartTypes&SearchFor=EGR+Valve+Gasket
The PartsAmerica.com Team includes Advance Auto Parts, Checker Auto Parts, Schuck's Auto Supply, Kragen Auto Parts and CSK Auto, Inc
UNLESS you want the factory original, then it will cost you bunches more.
Eightupman