Holy Doors, Batman!

"They all do that, sir."

Well, it's a niggle, not a life threatening problem, as she sailed through the MOT, but those door bottoms...

I've looked at the Paddock site, and whilst they stock whole doors and skins, they don't seem to have the bottom rails.

Landrovers North in the good ole US-of-A do appear to stock them, listed under chassis parts, but at wholly silly prices (never mind the lunacy of shipping LR spares across the pond to England!).

Is this a silly/mind-bogglingly-awkward thing to want to do (110 CSW - four or five of the little b*****s to sort)? Should I use the Evening post & Plastic Padding in the time honoured way, or perhaps plant cress? Was this a much more expensive problem to fix than I thought?

Portally-challenged,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

Never knew that anyone did these to be honest.

In the past I have cut out the bottom rail and welded some (2mm?) sheet steel across the bottom 5 inches or so, then covered it all with red iron oxide paint. You could add some plastic between the sheet steel and door skin to stop the door skin flexing too much if you want.

Most people would go for new doors, which compared to other vehicle's aren't too much, especially from Paddocks. But it would be nice to have repair sections available at a reasonable price - what has contacts with PWB?! Let us know if you find the repair panels?

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
William MacLeod