hot ASTRO/Safari Van floor

It is about a 91 Safari van with 4.3L engine.

Hi, I drived my car for about 5 hours non stop. When I parked it, I noticed the floor, expecially between two front seats, was hot, something like 100 or 150 but makes it hot. Later I start to think, maybe my transmision makes it hot. I donot know.

PS: once a while my check engine light comes on, and i could not have time to read it so far.

Do you have any experience about this? What do you think. TIA.

Reply to
ulas cosar coskun

my 95 floor does get quite warm as the transmission is sitting right below. I make sure I don't put my ice cream there ;-) You may be interested in

- great forum. rick

Reply to
Rick De Visser

My Safari always got hot in the same area. I owned it from about 20,000 miles up to 135,000 miles when I traded it in. Most all my various vans got a hot floor. Bad place for a cooler when going on a trip.

Not related, but ask your mechanic to install grease fittings in the idler arms if it doesn't have them. Mine had holes with no fittings, so did the replacement ones.

Reply to
Tony Miklos

I'm not too sure, but I think that part of the engine sits over there too. In any case it's not too far away from there.

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

so, it is normal and it is somekind of insulation problem. I was thinking maybe my catalic converter gets so hot, or, my transmision heats around alittle bit.

Thank you guys.

Reply to
ulas cosar coskun