how do i get the serp. belt off a 97 cutlass w 3100 v6

Its apparent that the motor mount is what i need to remove. Do I need to jack up on the motor? The mount has 4 bolts. Which ones do I remove? The ones near the morot or the ones near the outside.
TIA! ] Frank
Take a closer look at this, my 97 w body 3.1, nothing is in the way, however the same car with the 3800 does require removing the mount.

"David J and Lynne J Shepherd" wrote

however
I think that he has a "cutlass" which is an N-body.
Ian
Shiden, according to the VIN and model a 97 Cutlass Supreme is a W body, the N body was an Achieva?

"David J and Lynne J Shepherd" wrote

the
It may be an American car. In the service manual, there are two models that are "cutlasses". Olds Cutlass and Olds Cutlass Supreme. If he is seeing a front engine mount that is in the way of the belt, it's pretty much got to be an N-body. As you know, the W body with a 3100 doesn't use a front engine mount up high like the N-bodies.
I've never seen an N-body Cutlass here in Canada, but I don't doubt that there may be one sold in the States. They often have had some different models....or rather, we have had some different models here in Canada?
Ian
American Chilton's shows 1997 N-bodies as Achieva Grand Am Skylark
That's it.
GW
shiden_kai wrote:

"Geoff Welsh" wrote

Right, but we all know how accurate Chilton's can be.
Ian
"shiden_kai" wrote

By the way, if you give me an actual e-mail address that works, I can send you right to the service manual page for a 1997 Olds Cutlass N-body.
Ian
OK cool, change "cyber" to "cybertrails" -- GW
shiden_kai wrote:

"Gotwings" wrote

Yes, you will need to jack up the engine/trans. Remove all four of the bolts and get that small aluminum piece that ties the engine bracket to the engine mount right out of the way. Put your jack, (with a block of wood) under the oil pan and support the engine while you remove that mount. You should have enough room to get the belt out.
Ian

great I'll knock it out tomorrow. I can install a cmshaf but cant get a belt off, gosh i feel useless. Naw just to lazy to get the floor jack out today.
Thanks all!