Fixed: squealing serp belt

Working under the assumption that the new factory belt I put on was "right", I exhausted all other avenues to stop the squeal it produced. I bought a Kelly/Springfield-branded belt yesterday and compared it to the factory part. It's noticeably smaller (by maybe 1/4 inch when stretched out between my thumbs) and - no surprise - it fits tighter. No more squeak.

Reply to
Herb Kauhry