i just bought a camaro, but unsure if its a berlinetta model

my camaro is an 86, and on the front license plate holder is says berlinetta sport coupe. but i have been researching berlinettas online and learned that berlinettas are the "digital camaro" using a digital display and so forth. but my camaro doesnt have a digital display and doesnt have any power features and my interior is also differant from a berlinetta. my interior is basically the same as an

80?s RS using the square steering wheel and interior. if u want pics just ask me. ( my engine is a 2.8 V-6).
Reply to
86camaro

Be glad you don't have all that electronic beldercarb, stuff's nothing but trouble, if the plate holder bothers you, change it to a sport coupe one

Reply to
451CTDS

My recollection of the Berlinetta, and I might be wrong, is that it is the "luxury" model and I do remember it having a digital dash.

The RS Sport was another model, although by adding options you could just about make any model into any other model.

You might have a model that was customized by the dealer.

Reply to
Simon
4479, 1986 Berlinetta's were made. Not much info in the book I got but they say the problematic & hard to read digital gauge cluster didn't last long.

Like the one guy said be glad yours doesn't have it.

Good Luck.

Harryface

05 Park Avenue, 19,000 mi. 91 Bonneville LE , the black table in the garage.
Reply to
Harry Face