Intake Failure 3800 Park Avenue

The nylon sprocket is quieter and lighter and will wear a long time but not as well as streel. Mine jumped 2 teeth and did not want to start at all.

Reply to
Da udder one ya dont know

Does anyone have a feel as to how prevelant these failures are on the 3800 II engine due to intake manifold gasket problems and the EGR stovepipe and plenum deterioration? GM must have manufactured millions of these engines over the years. Are all of them going to fail or is it just a very small percentage that we hear about on the internet? Would be interesting to know the true story about how many are really failing versus how many run for many, many miles without a problem. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Reply to
Nelson Reifsnider

And guess what...if GM had fixed my Intake gasket failure problem even though it was out of warranty for free..my next car would more than likely be another GM product. Even if they had picked up half of the $800 tab then GM would be highly considered as my next vehicle. But because of the cost and inconvenience and the negative patterns of GM, its highly unlikely my next vehicle will be from GM, they have now just established a very bad track record and there is just so much more available other than GM.

Reply to
Johnny Action

You have a rare car indeed if your gasket hasnt gone yet, then again you should not be replacing a timing chain at 98k miles either. It lasted a little bit longer than a belt.

Reply to
Johnny Action

My engine on Regal 1996, also failed @ 130K km. It was water in the oil. They asked me CA$6000 to repaired.

Boba Vancouver