Is a 4T60E transmission w/ # 618AHW interchangable with a 619AHW

I have a 98 Buick Century that I need to replace the tranny. The number on the tranny tag is a 618AHW. The number on the tranny I want to use is a 619AHW out of a 99 Chevy lumina. Salvage yard cross reference says
these are interchangable. One gm dealer told me these are the same gear ratio and will interchange and another gm dealer told me they are different gear ratios and won't interchange. Who can tell me or who can I call to find out for sure if it will work?
The code 618AHW means: 61 is the transaxle, the '8' is the model year (1998), the W at the end means it's a Hydramatic 4T60-E. The "AH" is the actual model of the transaxle, if it's the same on both, 618AHW and 619AHW, then one would think they are the same transaxle, just different years.
Just for comparison, my transaxle is a 615PBW (61, 1995, PB, 4T60-E), RPO code M13, with an RPO FW9 - 3.43 final drive.
To be 100% sure, you could check out the RPO codes on both vehicles. Make sure they are both an M13, which they should be by the info on provided in the plates, and also check to make sure the RPO for the final drive ratio is the same, it will be one of the following: FPx, FQx, FRx, FVx, FWx, FYx, F1x (where 'x' is a number between 0 and 9)
Make sure they're the same on both cars.
All that being said, it is my opinion, based on the two numbers, 618AHW and 619AHW, I would say they are the same tranny and can be used without worry.
Steve

Steve, Thank you. Just the expert opinion I was looking for. Thanks for your time.

I ain't no expert.
hey - how about this transaxle, can you tell me what it's codes mean? it's got a code of 610RWB -- thanks.

No...but if the year/make/model/VIN/RPO codes of the vehicle was posted, all you ever wanted to know could be told. ;)
Steve
the only problem with that is i don't have the vehicle, only the transaxle. i just assumed that since you were able to break down the codes from the other post, you had a listing of what codes meant what.
No, not a listing of what the codes mean, just what the numbers are. As in the third digit is the year, the fourth and fifth is the actual model of tranny, etc. etc.
I'm not sure when to find this either. If you look at the tag and post ALL the letters and numbers I might be able to help more. Maybe draw a little diagram of the tag and post it somewhere for us to see.
Steve

ok, look at the picture on profiles.yahoo.com/fates_pincusion
Best I can tell you is that it's a 4T60-E, but you can tell that from looking at the oil pan. Most likely a 1990. The model number is an RW. Is that a part number at the bottom of the tag? I wonder if that's a part number for the tag or the tranny. If it's the tranny, maybe I or someone else can look up that part number.

ok, so it's NOT a 4T65-E? they have the same pan - that number at the bottom is :
24216248
& it's a 2000 model (that's the one bit of info that i did know about it). it has a huge connector on the top (electrical connector) -- 24 pins in all (don't know if there are any that don't get used by it) -- that's on the drivers side of the thing on top.