Just got a recall notice 2001 Impala 3.8

I just got a recall notice for my 2001 Impala for 3800 coolant leaks. I called customer service to see if I had to take it to a Chevy dealer, or any GM
dealer. Unfortunately, I was told that a Chevy dealer had to perform the recall. I HATE MY CHEVY DEALER, and I live in a town that only has 2 Chevy dealers, and the other dealer is 20 miles away.
I really wish my OLDS dealer would perform the recall.
Bill 88 Lancer Shelby 91 LeBaron Convertible 01 Chevy Impala LS
"Billccm" wrote

called
Chevy
Hmmm...must be different rules down in the States. Here in Canada, you can go to whatever dealer you want to go to. Except for Cadillac....you have to take them to a Caddy dealer. No one wants to work on Caddy's anyway, so the other dealerships don't really care.
Ian
On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 04:19:24 GMT, "shiden_kai"

Hmmm.... my wife had service done to her Neon at a local Ford dealership.... Must be rough to live in the States :)
Vuarra
"Vuarra" wrote

Apples and oranges...I was talking about "warranty" work. We do all sorts of work on non GM vehicles, but they are used vehicles.

Only to people who are easily impressed by that which they are not familiar with.
Ian

called
Chevy
wow... 20 miles away... I drive twice that amount every day...

Paradox Wrote:: Wow 20 miles away , I drive twice that amount every day.
Wow 40 miles a day - keep that up & you'll have leaks too!
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~259,700 miles_~_~~_
What $2000 fixes? I just received my recall on my 2000 Impala and the parts won't be in for a couple of weeks. But, My dealer is one of the rare good ones; they do it right and don't try to gouge their customers. Roy