2011 Explorer to drive momentum. EcoBoost gets Camry MPG

"Ford executives said today that the 2011 Explorer will get 30% better fuel efficiency than the outgoing model with a turbocharged EcoBoost engine and 25% better fuel economy with a standard V6 engine."

Photo gallery:

Articles:

john

What happened to Toyota? Do you now realize that you can never afford to purchase a TOYOTA?

Reply to
Spanky de Monkey

After buying two of them new, I dont see how I ever afforded not to buy Toyota.

Reply to
hls

I don't think you can directly relate vehicle ownership cost to reliability. Probably the cheapest vehicle in terms of cost per mile i ever owned was one of the least reliable POS I ever owned - a 1981 Plymouth Reliant. It got good gas mileage, everything that failed was covered by the warranty, and when I dumped it after 11 months, the tade in was almost the same as the original purchase price (remember this was 1980/81 when prices increased over 10% in less than a year). Heck even the constantly broken British cars I owned were cheap to own since I drove them for a couple of years and sold them for almost (or in two cases) more than I bought them for. The parts were cheap, and my spare time was free.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

When you have a few that are rather unreliable, it skews the equation, in my mind.

If you want cheap transportation, a billion Chinese cant be wrong.

I always wanted a Mercedes gullwing, or a Ferrari.. Thanks be to God that I was never afflicted by one of them.

Reply to
hls

Pant recall warning here.

I buy special Stainmaster(tm) pants, so that when my Depends leak I don't have to have them professionally cleaned. My tailor called me today that said the size 52" waist trousers I bought need to come back so he can Scotchguard them.

Reply to
john