Need Crankshaft Pulley (Harmonic Balancer)

The crankshaft pulley (or harmonic balancer to be technical) on my '94 SC2 has split apart.
Anyone know where I can find one of these? They do not stock them in my
local parts stores. The dealer will be a last resort $$$. I would like to get a new one (don't want to do this job twice), so a junkyard is my second-to-last resort.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Kirsten wrote in alt.autos.gm

For some things a junkyard part may not be the way to go, but on things like the harmonic balancer there is no reason not to go to the junkyard. That part gets very little wear, and could probably be used for far longer than the life of the car. Yours most likely split because of a flaw in manufacturing. That very rarely happens.
--
Dick #1349
Thanks for the reply.

then buy the rubber piece from a dealer, you should be able to get it separately, and not all parts are overly bad.

--
Dick #1349

you can't buy parts to a harmonic damper as they aren't rebuildable (with the exception of racing types like the TCI rattler). the "rubber part" is the elastomer ring that separates the hub from the inertia ring (the outer one) which allowes the damper to function. you might want to try your Saturn dealer for the part.
-Bret

Try www.gmotors.com. I've had good service from them. For email remove "_no_spam_"