No heat in 90 gmc 2500 van

Threaded View

I am having a problem with my van. I am getting basically no heat. This is
not just heat inside the van. the heater core is fine, just repalced about a
year ago, coolant flows through fine. What I have noticed though is that the
whole system does not warm up. For example, yesterday I drove it for about
5 - 6 hours, and the radiator cap was only warm. It was NOT hot, I could
basically hold my hand on it. I have replaced the termostat, and the rad
cap.

Any other suggestions?

BTW- 4.3 L V6 engine.

Thanks

Re: No heat in 90 gmc 2500 van

heater core

Good heater performance is a function of the correct temperature range
T-stat.  Check the new stat and see what degree it is.  It should be at
least a 190=B0 unit for good heat.  Also make sure the new cap is the
correct psi range  too.

Hope this helps

Dave S(Texas)

Re: No heat in 90 gmc 2500 van

stuck radiaor fun cluch or stuck relay might be a nothe rreason.

Site Timeline