Not GM, but new to me

Yesterday I took a look at a new Honda Accord. What surprised me was that the salesman claimed these cars have a lifetime guarantee on engine and transmission... anywhere in the USA (and possibly Canada).

I think this is a bold move in marketing.

Good news is that I just heard that GM will not need the $2 billion it had requested to keep it solvent for the month. If this is a sign of strengthening, then kudos to them.

(It has not relinquished the request for $16 billion in general loans to try to recover)

Reply to
HLS

Unlimited if you keep buying the extended warranty at $3000 per year.

Honda Limited Warranty Information * Bumper-to-Bumper Limited Warranty (years/miles) = 3/36,000. * Powertrain Limited Warranty (years/miles) = 5/60,000. * Corrosion Limited Warranty (years/miles) = 5/unlimited. * Accessory Limited Warranty - All Honda accessories are covered up to 3 years or 36,000 miles, depending on time of installation.

Its only half as good as a Kia warranty.

Reply to
Paul

See what Paul said. Also, Chrysler was doing this at one point too. Not a bad idea, but I think the warranty also ends as soon as someone else buys the car.

Reply to
80 Knight

I suspect this is true, Knight. They cant give an open ended warranty, in practicality.

Everybody is trying to enhance buyers right now.

Fellow I work for (company owner) just bought a Porsche Cayenne, RS Turbo, (550 horsepower) for near half of the sticker price. Now is a buyers market, if anyone is in the mood to buy.

Reply to
HLS

Very true, the deals are plentiful. The most recent (Canadian) GM ad's are giving away 2 years of Goodwrench service, 3 years of Onstar, and I think XM Satellite radio, all free with the purchase of a vehicle (though, I can't recall the exact year amount on them). It's a buyer's market...If you have the money.

Reply to
80 Knight

Chrysler has had a lifetime power train "bold move in marketing" warranty for two years

Reply to
Mike Hunter