New (to me!) Disco.

Well, I've finally gone and done it - bought a Disco to replace my BMW

330dSE, on account of my new caravan being a tad too heavy for stability behind the BM. Picked up a 2000 (X) metallic bronze (Kinversand??) 4.0 Disco 2 XS Auto yesterday, warranted 25,000 miles from new. Even got 20mpg driving it home the best part of 300 miles to the north of Scotland, and I wasn't taking it easy either!! Drives really nice except for a little vibration (I think from the dreaded propshaft rubber coupling) at 80-90mph. What do I miss from the BM? Well, the auto-dipping rear view mirror for a start, and the trip computer, although maybe seeing my mpg displayed in front of me wouldn't be such a good thing!? I can live without the rain-sensing wipers and the tyre pressure warning system, but the park sensors would be nice. I (and no doubt my bank manager) can sense an LPG conversion happening relatively soon, methinks! Anyone know if the auto dipping mirror is a straight swap, and if you can fit park sensors with a rear towpack? The BM had to have a removeable swan-neck hitch fitted so that the sensors could still operate, otherwise they picked up the hitch and just sounded as soon as you selected reverse. Cheers all, Badger.

110 V8 4.0 Auto (Angus) Disco 4.0 XS Auto (Not named yet) Triumph TR7V8 (under restoration) Triumph Thunderbird Sport 900 (sunny toy!) BMW 330dSE Auto, for sale!

Reply to
Badger

andrew and claire