Oldsmobile Intrigue 1999

When I drive over puddles of water I hear loud shooting sound from front left side site of the vehicle ( sometimes right too ). It sounds like water shoots from under a tire and hits same guard or panel.
Is it possible ? My boyfriend got under the car but did not find anything wrong , he is not mechanic however.
Thanks for advice
Susanna

panel.
Susanna, is it possible that a former girlfriend of your boyfriend is shooting at him??? I couldn't resist!!!
What exactly do you mean by a "loud shooting sound"? Do you maen like an actual gunshot sound or something more like a hydraulic wrench sound?
It could be a loose wheel well liner. If a heavy amount of water hits it it could rattle somewhat. I can't remember if these were screwed in or if the car uses the plastic push pins to hold the wheel wells in place.
Some sounds you just have to live with.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~260,600 miles_~_~~_
Thanks guys.

Yes there is strong possibility , but she shoot from her mouth only so we are safe.

????????? . I do not know either of thise sounds , exept in Hollywood movies but that does't count.

It sound to me like water from small but dip puddles is compresed by wheel goinng over and than hit samething probably metalic like a panel. All tires need to replaced this fall.
Thanks again Susanna