Questions on '03 and '04 cavalier

Thinking about buying an '03 cavalier and am curious about the differences between the ls sport model (coupe) and the base model. I am interested in possibly buying the ls sport coupe and would like to get some feedback from current owners on how this car handles, drives (city + highway), comfort of seats, stereo system, power, mpg, overall satisfaction, etc. I would also be interested to find out if there are any significant changes planned for the '04 cavalier. Also, if anyone can tell me what the weight of the sport coupe is and what size tires they have along with any other pertinent info would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Greg

Reply to
Greg

Weight - 2617 pounds 2 door Weight - 2676 pounds 4 door

Tires -

Base model - 195/70R14 LS - 195/65R15 LS Sport - 205/55R16

Wheels - 14 & 15 inch are steel, 16 inch are chromed aluminum.

LS Sport adds rear spoiler, fog lights, sports suspension, 205/55R16 tires and Chrome Alloy Wheels.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~260,600 miles_~_~~_
Reply to
Harry Face

STRONGLY suggest that if the unit you are looking at has Continental ContiTouring Contacts 205/55-16's (or any other Conti as far as I'm concerned) ==> get the dealer to shift to (at least) Goodyears, or ANYTHING else available.

I have just replaced a full set of these 'rim protectors' (can't think of anything else they do well) on my Pontiac Vibe. For a supposed "All-Weather" tire, they exhibit mediocre dry grip, horrible in the wet, pathetic in even a dusting of snow, and prone to 'cupping' causing horrid tread noise (sounded like a CV or wheel bearing gone). The only good news was that they wore so quickly (28,000 km ~~ 18,000 miles) that I HAD to replace all 4. And this on a car mostly used as a daily driver by my wife, who does NOT think she is Shirley Muldowney......

Interestingly, TireRack lists 2 versions of this tire, a Toyota OEM (presumably for the Matrix-twin to the Vibe) at $74, and a version for anyone else at $80. I don't know what the specific difference is, but there is obviously a message in that.

Anyway, most dealers are getting cars in with more than 1 tire type, so LET HIM (or her) KNOW THAT CONTIS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE. I really wish I had taken a stand when the Vibe was delivered.

Tires -

Base model - 195/70R14 LS - 195/65R15 LS Sport - 205/55R16

Wheels - 14 & 15 inch are steel, 16 inch are chromed aluminum.

LS Sport adds rear spoiler, fog lights, sports suspension, 205/55R16 tires and Chrome Alloy Wheels.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~260,600 miles_~_~~_
Reply to
Chris Moore