OT; 06' 300C

According to the latest issue of Car & Driver mazine Chrysler will be adding a true two-door hardtop ( no post & quarter windows that really go down ). and a convertible to the 300 platform.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~286,395 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

It's a good thing the grills are different:

=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul =?x-user-defined?Q?=BB?=

| > According to the latest issue of Car & Driver mazine Chrysler will be | > adding a true two-door hardtop ( no post & quarter windows that really | > go down ). and a convertible to the 300 platform. | >

| > ========= | > Harryface | > ========= | | It's a good thing the grills are different: |

I just don't get what all the hoopla is over this dog!! But, apparently they're selling like hotcakes since Chrysler blew the doors off both Ford and GM this past quarter in terms of increased sales.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

It's hard to tell the difference between a Ford and a GM product from a short distance. Chrysler is daring to be different. That appears to be a pretty powerful draw. H

Reply to
Hairy

Because there are many people like me out there who are convinced that FWD sucks. (I live in the snowbelt and I still think FWD sucks.) I'd rather buy a 300C than ANY FWD GM because - you guessed it - FWD sucks. (and my blood runs Chevy orange and Pontiac blue.)

I'm convinced one of the reasons people have been buying all those trucks and SUV's is because they want a RWD car but they can't get one.

Ray

Reply to
ray

I have a very steep driveway (as do the neighbors on my side of the street)...mo one in the family has been been able to get up it in the snow with RWD (neither can any of my neighbors). FWD, for what ever reason, climbs right on up most times without even slipping a bit. So, I don't know if I agree with your assessment on that one. Maybe the newer RWD vehicles with traction control, etc. do better. But FWD without traction control seems to work fine.

| I'm convinced one of the reasons people have been buying all those | trucks and SUV's is because they want a RWD car but they can't get one.

Probably some truth to that. Add in the need for space for a family that simply isn't available in a "car" any more and there you go!

Reply to
James C. Reeves