pick up

I need a small or midsize pick up. To be used for garding or light construction. Hobby stuff. Would anyone care to recomend one. I have never owned one but I am tired of
stuffing the trunk or putting stuff on top of the car. Thanks Ernie
Greetings,
You are probably going to have to be a little more specific as to what you want/need in a small pick-up. New vs. Used? 4-, 5-, or 6-cylinder? 2-wheel drive or 4-wheel drive? Standard, extended or crew cab?
GM sells the Chevy Colorado and the GMC Canyon (same truck, different badging and cosmetics) in many models and trim levels. You can check out www.chevrolet.com or www.gmc.com for models, standard equipment/available options and pricing information. But as with any truck, however, the only way you are going to really get a feel for one is to go kick the tires and take it for a drive. I suggest narrowing your wish list down then checking with some car rental agencies and see who can rent you one for a full day or two - this way you get a real feel of how the truck fits your needs as compared to only a 10-minute test drive at a dealer (with the associated high pressure sales pitch).
Good luck - Jonathan

Felt the same way 18 years ago, and bought an El Camino, still drive it everyday. The S10 is a modern replacement, no where near the class. Jap pickups are very popular. Once had a full size pickup, not a good choice for everyday car. [ Hard to park ]
You did not mention lifestyle, price range, or is it an only car.
Not having a backseat could be an issue for some, that's why the Mini Van / SUV craze. If you need 4WD, most are. Beds rot out quick on many mini pickups, a fabricated flatbed could solve some problems.