Pontiac G6 GT dosnt eve have../

Just looked at Pontiacs website at the G6 which replaces the GrandAm. I just found out the G6 GT dosnt even have dual exhaust! Like the GTO, pontiac designers still dont get it. Anything with the letters GT in it we want to
see 2 big pipes coming out the back on each side! If we wanted something with 1 exhaust we would get a Civic! Pontiac wakeup! Not only that, like the GTO the G6 is nothing much to look at! Whatever happened to the styling department at Pontiac? They must have taken an early retirement and Pontiac ended up hiring a bunch of scabs.
Percy J. Ellington Von Wellinton IIII wrote:

IMO, most transverse engines don't have true dual exhuasts anyways. There is only one pipe from front to back.

Yeah from a design standpoint it makes sense, if one pipe is good enough to take it from the manifold all the way to the back of the car, then why split it at the end and add a second muffler, more piping, and thus more weight.

Lets see, on a v6 there is a right and left side exhaust manifold depending on which way you face the engine or you could say a front and back if you want to get technical. In standard cars they run 2 pipes leadig into 1 pipe. On the gt/performance cars they go fron 2 into 1 pipe then back into 2 pipes with dual outlets unless you are running a true dual exhaust. Who wants an American performance car with single exhaust?
message

Well, if they go from 2 to 1 back to 2 it's pretty much the same as having it as 2 pipes leading to one. One day you should follow a GP with dual exhausts or any car really with 2-1-2 exhaust when it's cool out, notice that there's more smoke or condensation coming out of one exhaust then the other (on the GPs it happens to be the driver side too if I'm not mistaken). If you're really going to get picky it should be like on the GTO one pipe all the way back for each bank.

Who in the hell can call a V6 powered, wrong wheel drive, single exhaust car an "American performance car"?
The G6 is nothing more than a grocery getter. Just like the current Grand Am is now.
Dennis Smith
says...

Ford put GT on a 4-cyl Escort. Its nothing more than marketing. GT nowadays stands for "Garbage Truck".
Dennis Smith
Dennis Smith wrote:

I put in a vote that the new "GT" cars stand for "Genuine Turd". That may be an insult to turds however as they can at least acheive 1G of acceleration on thier way out of ones ass falling into the toilet water. <snicker>
What year did they do that?
mike hunt
Dennis Smith wrote:

late 80s

message

A V6 American performance car?? Who are you trying to kid? H
I saw th G6 at the L.A. car show and on ponitacs website months before that. It had a 285hp v6 and AWD, also dual exhaust like the Grand prix. I was in the market for a car. So I waited to see what would come out. The closer it got to release, the lamer it got. After four months I gave up on it. I ended up getting a '04 Subaru WRX wagon. I'm very happy with my choice. 227 hp turbo 4cyl w/ awd. I goes 0-60mph in less then 6 sec. handles like it's on rails , gets in the in the mid 20's mpg with "spirted" driving all for $22,500. I still love my '64 Grand Prix w/ Tri-power and my '56 Ford F100 w/ Chevy 327. But thesse new cars sure are great.

I agree the new cars are nice for daily drivers, but they still haven't been able to get the personality of a big cube v8 out of a 4 or 6 cyl yet. H
"I ended up getting a '04 Subaru WRX wagon."
To each his own. I am out on the foreign cars. I believe we have far surpassed the point where we are buying extremely to many foreign autos. Not to mention, especially the Subaru is extremely lame looking in my opinion. The G6 is a far better looking automobile.
When I get the cobb ECU upgrade for $550. The power jumps to 260 hp and 260 lbs-ft. 0-60 drops to the low 5's hi 4 seconds and 1/4 mi drops to the mid to hi 13 sec. I still love my '64 Grand Prix and my '56 Ford PU. But for the price no car can match the WRX performance.

I am happy you like your Subaru, but they are lame looking. They still dont have the brute torque of an old v8. Sure you can get the Subaru to go fast just rev it up high and pop the clutch like a rubber band. That light weight and turbo are the physics needed to get it to go as long as you have a manual trans. And automatic wouldnt have the torque to launch irsince you wouldnt be able to rev it up.

" I believe we have far surpassed the point where we are buying extremely to many foreign autos."

Trade is not a bad thing, but there should be a balance. We are not balanced. You can call a Subaru an American car but its not. You can put a dollar in an account every day, & say your saving money. But if you are spending $3.00, your going broke. Profit, which is the majority of the cost of any vehicle doesn't stay here except for the dealerships profit, possibly. Save a dollar today! Look at the steel industry. Buy up most all of American steel(scrap), sell it cheap, put most American companies out of business. At this point you have cornered the market. Now raise the price by 300%. The American steel manufacturers which are left cannot supply the demand. Now Americans have to pay 300% or do without. you asked