RE: Sporty New Pontaic

actually this is some info NO ONE really knew about. GM sold jeep and bought saab in 94-95, and saab made the ecopower engine. Gm used this engine in later models of chevy and pontiac as the ecotec engine.
the solstice GT engine is the SAAB 2.4L turbo, @ 250hp and 225ft-lb torque. However, turboed cars very rarely go higher than the Liter(ex: 2.4 = 240hp). but new technology today allows greater compression ratios and higher HP without forced induction.
much more info can be found if you take some time to a few court battle records and also some history tracking of these companies. Also, compare engines to others and youll see where they came from and who makes em.
DDragon wrote:

I'm a bit leery of Web sites that don't know how to spell or punctuate.
Actually GM never owneer JEEP. Chrysler bought AMC which owned JEEP.
DDragon wrote:

Yeah, you're right. No one knew about it.....because it never happened.
Dave
Jeep has a convoluted history, from Bantam the DerMopar. All of the Jeeps I saw in Europe during WWII were built by Ford. ;)
mike hunt

Mike Hunter wrote:

And the earliest Jeeps I recall were built by Willys-Overland in the early 40's.

Willys did indeed built Jeeps during the war and after as well, but they did not have the capasity to build enough of them. The war department gave the job to Henty Ford. Good thing they did. It is not widly known but Ford sold Jeeps to the Governmeant at cost, to help the war effort. Since he was sole owner of the company he did not have to contend with stockholders, as did other manufacture of war material. Bantum developed the jeep for the army and ended up producing the jeep trailer.
mike hunt>
Mike Hunter wrote:

Thanks for the Jeep history Mike. Now that you refreshed my memory, I do recall hearing that Willys had major capacity shortcomings and that the Feds had called upon Henry Ford to build the Jeeps. What I didn't realize though is that Henry was still sole owner of FoMoCo at that time. Thanks for the history lesson! :-)