Re: Why spurn American Cars?

Do American cars require you to remove the left drive shaft to replace the alternator like Honda does ? cost me $ 350....for my Accord.

N,
Don't know of any GM cars that need a drive shaft removed to get to the Altenator.
The altenator on my car is up on top & comes off in about 4 minutes. Next time buy American.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~259,700 miles_~_~~_
Harry, the original poster was just trolling. I would not waste my keystrokes replying to him.
For about 99% of us in this newsgroup, mostly GM owners, we are just trying to share knowledge about GM cars, one way or the other.
The troller is just something else that you would not bother to scrape off the tread of your tires.
---Bob Gross---
Toyota has not passed Ford in total vehicle sales worldwide. Toyota does now sell more cars in the US than Chevrolet and almost as many cars as in the US as Ford. However, when you include trucks (which also includes mini-vans), Toyota is a fourth in the US to Chrysler but ahead of Daimler CHrysler worldwide. Worldwide, Toyota sold about 5.5 million vehicles in 2002. In 2002 Ford (including all subsidiaries) sold just about 7 million vehicles. GM sold around 8.4 million vehicle in 2002 (including all subsidiaries).
Older data is available at http://www.autointell.com/core/worlwide-sales-by-oem.htm .
Other references:
http://www.toyota.com/about/shareholder/images/fs_tm.pdf http://www.gm.com/company/gmability/diversity/news/suppliers_041203.html http://www.ford.com/NR/rdonlyres/ece2f7dr3jn4vxy2zghq4etwfdt2ingd7efnlmchs6sck6bdguyp37am5f5dkopz23ws2v634vwx2mapqnqkrqmipda/2002_annual_report_08.pdf