remote start

hi all,
i have a 2006 GMC Sierra z71 crew cab pick up. i want to add a remote start to the truck while using the factory fob (i.e. the panic button
to start the vehicle). is this possible? if so how do i get started?
Thanks,
Jon
Go to a GM dealer, have them install the remote start, which will include a new remote, WBMA
mike

I'm going to be putting one in my car soon from Bulldog security. They have harness kits to really simplify the process, but it's still a lot of work.
SUPPOSEDLY they have a new system for the latest cars that just 'plugs in' and uses the vehicle bus/computer for 99% of the work, but I haven't seen it yet. In any case, it's only for the latest vehicles and only certain models.
I've also heard they have a 'cell phone' version...

I'd have tackled that job myself a decade or so ago, but I'm not as agile these days so I'd pay to have it done. My neighbor spent most of a day putting his in.
When I bought my new car some months back, it was part of the deal to have them do it.
In any case, it is nice to have a remote in temperature extremes. In winter, I let it warm up 5 to 10 minutes. In summer, even two minutes rids that big blast of hot air when you open the door.
The ability to leave the car running with no key in it is hand too, if you are just running into the store for a coffee. I don't have the factory fob, but it does have all the functions. Some allow you to turn of the rear window defroster, heated seats, etc.