2006 baja, remote start

I try to start it remotely and it fires once but does not start, then it will not try a second time, is there anyway to change that setting, it is a factory remote start

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4953 (20100317) __________

Target

re database 4953 (20100317) __________

Maybe an intermittent neutral safety switch? The vibration of the first start locks it out?

I dunno, never owned a remote start vehicle.

Reply to
1 Lucky Texan

re database 4953 (20100317) __________

The remote start has to simulate having a key in the ignition, and the "fires once but does not start" sounds like the security system isn't seeing the remote start as a valid key. They can be a pain to repair in the shop; and the Subaru computer is needed to program the key. I think your going to need to take it to the dealer.

Reply to
StephenH

Check the wire to the coil, if it doesn't see the ignition signal it won't fire. It's been a while since I installed one in a 06 but if it's a canadian car, I believe that programming the key wasn't until later models.

See Ya Supersubarutech

Reply to
<address_is