Removing the factory stereo from a 2007 Chevy Colorado

I've been wanting to take out my factory stereo to get a look at the ports it has in the back of it [I am looking to hook up my iPod without needing to buy a whole new stereo/rds unit etc]. I have as of yet,
been unable to find any good resources for this information.
Does anyone know of any good (preferably free) resources for this sort of information, or even more simply how to do this?
Thanks!