replaced battery and starter but no reaction when trying to start

When trying to start my car (2008 impala SS) it would try to turn over twice before it actually start. I replaced the battery and starter after test were
taken at Oreilly. After replacing parts when trying to start the car nothing happens. I have power and all Aux Power, but when I turn the key all light on cluster turn off. Only way to start now it to hold key in start position and create spark on starter then fires right up with no hesitation. ANY IDEAS!!!