Reset check engine light

Anyone know how I can reset the check engine light in a 94 Geo Metro?

On Wed, 31 May 2006 15:06:24 -0500, "Adam Corolla"

Do a search on OBD 1 tools/scanners. OBDII came out in 96.
un hook the neg battery cable and leave it of for a min and the put it back on it will reset the computer and the light should go off

Thanks!

As long as he fixed the problem.
Steve

The diag code said the EGR valve was toast. I took it out and cleaned it up, it was fairly gunked up with crusty soot. The check engine light hasn't come on since.