check engine light reset

I have two 940 turbos, one is 91 940se and 92 940 turbo. How is the check engine light turned off??

Thanks Bill

Reply to
Mr Titan

If it's like my 960, I think I remember that there is a little rubber plug in the instrument panel. Remove that and the push-button reset is down in the little hole its removal reveals. Use a long toothpick or similar to push it. If not, there is always black electrical tape! ;-) __ __ Randy & \ \/ /alerie's \__/olvo '93 960 Estate

Reply to
Randy G.

I think that's the service light you mean, not the check engine light. The check engine light comes on when there is some fault detected with the running of the engine or emissions control system or the combination.

Or removing the bulb.

Reply to
Bev A. Kupf

disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes on the 91 worked, I haven't had time to do the same with the 92.

Reply to
Mr Titan

This did work on my '92 940 (non-Turbo) - I did it to pass inspection without having to fix my wires. :)

Any reason not to read the codes out and then clear it from the test jack, though?

-TC

Reply to
Tim C

I've been working on the light problem for over 6 months. The below procedure worked. Thank you very much.

combination.

Reply to
dan federico