Running Caprice trans 1 quart low OK ?

Hi,
Turns out I have a leak somewhere in the trans of my 85 Caprice, that stops leaking when it gets to 1 quart low ( adding one quart
would bring it up to the "add one pint " line. I think the leak is in the front pump seal, since I can't see any fluid coming from the other spots, like speedo cable, pan gasket, kickdown lever, etc. If I keep it above the "one quart low" level, it drips out pretty quickly, about a quart in three weeks.
Will running it one quart low hurt it ? I don't do any towing and only have one fairly big hill on my commute.
Thanks,

like
"one
weeks.
only
Yes it can and will hurt it. If the front pump seal is leaking, then it will only get worse. Not to mention if it starts spraying the exhaust cross-over portion of the Y pipe, you can have a fire. Charles

like
"one
weeks.
only
If it's a bad seal, replace it or a can of trans medic may buy you a little time. Do you know the history of the car? It might pay to find another car like it and compare dipsticks just to make sure yours is correct. I once had a '75 Monte with the wrong dipstick and it would force fluid out till it got to a level it liked. :) H

quart
the
spots,
little
had
got
Trans-Tune Trans-Medic, and all that shit is just "hokas-pokas". Just like using PTFE in your oil.
Charles